ASF Virtual Learning Series: Securitisation Professionals December 2020
The ASF’s Securitisation Professionals Program is designed to provide financial market professionals with a succinct overview of the structure of the Australian securitisation industry and how it is used to fund operations through the capital markets.
As the next step to the Securitisation Fundamentals Program, this course explores in more detail the technology of securitisation funding and its benefits, as well as discussing structuring techniques, RMBS and ABS, legal, regulatory and accounting issues, credit analysis considerations, pricing procedures and investor considerations.
- Understand how securitisation has developed to meet the unique needs of financial markets
- Identify the major features of securitised products and how each has developed, and determine their relevance to key financial market clients
- Identify the legal and regulatory requirements for securitisation transactions and some of the key associated legal risks
- Analyse the roles played by industry participants (e.g. originators, rating agencies, trustees, swap providers, arrangers, investors and ancillary services providers such as auditors, lawyers, tax specialists, insurers or guarantors)
- Understand the pricing procedures for securitisation instruments, including the ‘book build’ and syndication process
- Understand and apply the principles learnt in a case study of a real securitisation transaction and provide effective recommendations to determine the appropriateness of a securitisation product
Virtual Learning Series
Part 1 – The securitisation process
Tuesday 1 December | 10am – 12pm AEST
Part 2 – Legal and regulatory issues
Wednesday 2 December | 10am – 12pm AEST
Part 3 – Funding (Term RMBS & ABS)
Thursday 3 December | 10am – 12pm AEST
Part 4 – Accounting and tax issues
Tuesday 8 December| 10am – 11am AEST
Part 5 – Basic structuring concepts & credit analysis considerations
Wednesday 9 December | 10am – 12pm AEST
Part 6 – Executing a deal
Thursday 10 December | 10am – 12pm AEST
Virtual learning series are offered at a 25% discount to standard course fees. This is reflected in the fees displayed on this page.