The New Zealand Market Subcommittee will represent the interests of all ASF members who participate in the New Zealand securitisation and covered bonds market regardless of domicile by:
- building productive relationships with New Zealand government ministers, members of parliament and government departments and agencies that have responsibility for, and influence policy in, New Zealand’s securitisation and covered bond markets;
- providing submissions and input into policy and regulatory direction and law reform affecting the securitisation and covered bond markets;
- identifying areas of New Zealand’s regulatory environment that could be changed to allow for the more efficient and effective operation of securitisation and covered bond issuance and investment;
- recommending best practices that will ensure efficient, effective and transparent operation of the New Zealand securitisation and covered bond markets;
- maintaining a current understanding of Australian market practice to ensure, wherever relevant, consistency of approach in New Zealand and Australia to minimise costs for trans-Tasman securitisation and covered bond market participants; and
- developing and delivering education programs either separately in New Zealand or through adaptation from existing ASF programs and courses.